Re: BUG #17877: Referencing a system column in a foreign key leads to incorrect memory access

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: BUG #17877: Referencing a system column in a foreign key leads to incorrect memory access
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Sat, 1 Apr 2023 10:56:08 -0300, Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> wrote in
> IMO should be:
> * System attributes have attribute numbers less or equal to 0 that are
> * unique
> * within the class, but not constrained to any particular range.

Attnum == 0 is invalid and doesn't belong to either user columns or
system columns. You're actually right that it's in limbo, but I
believe the change you suggested actually makes the correct comment
incorrect. In the condition you're asking about, I don't think we
really need to worry about an impossible case. If I wanted to pay more
attenstion to it, I would use an assertion, but I don't think it's
necessary here.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Сообщение: Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys