Re: meson documentation build open issues

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: meson documentation build open issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-03-22 11:59:17 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Unless somebody sees a reason to wait, I am planning to commit:
>   meson: add install-{quiet, world} targets
>   meson: add install-{docs,doc-html,doc-man} targets
>   meson: make install_test_files more generic, rename to install_files

I've done that now.

> For the .css: docbook-xsl actually has support for writing the .css: [1] - but
> it requires the .css file be valid xml. I wonder if the cleanest approch would
> be to have a build step to create .css.xml - then the non-chunked build's
> generate.css.header would do the right thing.

We don't even need to do that! The attached patch just creates a wrapper
css.xml that loads the .css via an entity reference.

I think this looks reasonably complicated, given that it gives us a working
stylesheet for the non-chunked output?

I don't know if my hack of putting the paramters in stylesheet-common.xsl is
reasonable. Perhaps we should just include stylesheet-html-common.xsl in
stylesheet-hh.xsl, then this uglyness wouldn't be required.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Вложения