Re: Add the ability to limit the amount of memory that can be allocated to backends.

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Add the ability to limit the amount of memory that can be allocated to backends.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-01-26 15:27:20 -0500, Reid Thompson wrote:
> Yes, just a rebase. There is still work to be done per earlier in the
> thread.

The tests recently started to fail:

https://cirrus-ci.com/github/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/commitfest%2F42%2F3867

> I do want to follow up and note re palloc/pfree vs malloc/free that the
> tracking code (0001-Add-tracking-...) is not tracking palloc/pfree but is
> explicitely tracking malloc/free. Not every palloc/pfree call executes the
> tracking code, only those where the path followed includes malloc() or
> free().  Routine palloc() calls fulfilled from the context's
> freelist/emptyblocks/freeblock/etc and pfree() calls not invoking free()
> avoid the tracking code.

Sure, but we create a lot of memory contexts, so that's not a whole lot of
comfort.

I marked this as waiting on author.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Andrey Borodin
Сообщение: Buffer usage detailed by RelKind in EXPLAIN ANALYZE BUFFERS
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Buffer usage detailed by RelKind in EXPLAIN ANALYZE BUFFERS