Re: Exit walsender before confirming remote flush in logical replication

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Exit walsender before confirming remote flush in logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Mon, 13 Feb 2023 08:27:01 +0530, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote in
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 7:26 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
> <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > IMHO I vaguely don't like that we lose a means to specify the default
> > behavior here. And I'm not sure we definitely don't need other than
> > flush and immedaite for both physical and logical replication.
> >

> If we can think of any use case that requires its extension then it
> makes sense to make it a non-boolean option but otherwise, let's keep
> things simple by having a boolean option.

What do you think about the need for explicitly specifying the
default?  I'm fine with specifying the default using a single word,
such as WAIT_FOR_REMOTE_FLUSH.

> > If it's
> > not the case, I don't object to make it a Boolean.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center