Re: Weird failure with latches in curculio on v15

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Weird failure with latches in curculio on v15
Дата
Re: Weird failure with latches in curculio on v15  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 04, 2023 at 03:30:29AM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> That's kind of my problem with these changes. They try to introduce new
> abstraction layers, but don't provide real abstraction, because they're
> very tightly bound to the way the functions were called before the
> refactoring.  And none of these restrictions are actually documented.

Okay.  Michael, why don't we revert the shell_restore stuff for now?  Once
the archive modules interface changes and the fix for this
SIGTERM-during-system() problem are in, I will work through this feedback
and give recovery modules another try.  I'm still hoping to have recovery
modules ready in time for the v16 feature freeze.

My intent was to improve this code by refactoring and reducing code
duplication, but I seem to have missed the mark.  I am sorry.

--
Nathan Bossart