Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 04, 2023 at 11:07:59AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> (I haven't forgotten that I'm on the hook to import pg_bsd_indent
> into our tree.  Will get to that soon.)

+1 for that - it's no surprise that you have trouble convincing people
to follow the current process:

1) requires using a hacked copy of BSD indent; 2) which is stored
outside the main repo; 3) is run via a perl script that itself mungles
the source code (because the only indent tool that can support the
project's style doesn't actually support what's needed); 4) and wants to
retrieve a remote copy of typedefs.list (?).

The only thing that makes this scheme even remotely viable is that
apt.postgresql.org includes a package for pg-bsd-indent.  I've used it
only a handful of times by running:
pg_bsd_indent -bad -bap -bbb -bc -bl -cli1 -cp33 -cdb -nce -d0 -di12 -nfc1 -i4 -l79 -lp -lpl -nip -npro -sac -tpg -ts4
-U.../typedefs.list

The perl wrapper is still a step too far for me (maybe it'd be tolerable
if available as a build target).

Would you want to make those the default options of the in-tree indent ?
Or provide a shortcut like --postgresql ?

--
Justin