Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 24 Jan 2023 14:22:19 +0530, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote in
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 12:44 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 5:58 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > +1.
> >
> > It depends on how you read it. I read it like this:
> >
> > maybe_delay_apply === means "maybe delay [the] apply"
> > (which is exactly what the function does)
> >
> > versus
> >
> > maybe_apply_delay === means "maybe [the] apply [needs a] delay"
> > (which is also correct, but it seemed a more awkward way to say it IMO)
> >

> This matches more with GUC and all other usages of variables in the
> patch. So, I still prefer the second one.

I read it as "maybe apply [the] delay [to something suggested by the
context]". If we go the first way, I will name it as
"maybe_delay_apply_change" or something that has an extra word.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center