Re: drop postmaster symlink

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: drop postmaster symlink
Дата
Re: drop postmaster symlink  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-11-23 10:07:49 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Devrim =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=FCnd=FCz?= <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> > ...and it helps us to find the "main" process a bit easily.
>
> Hmm, that's a nontrivial point perhaps.  It's certain that this
> will break some other people's start scripts too.

OTOH, postmaster has been deprecated for ~15 years.

> On the whole, is it really that hard to add the symlink to the meson build?

No. Meson has a builtin command for it, just not in the meson version we're
currently requiring. We can create the symlink ourselves instead. The problem
is just detecting systems where we can't symlink and what to fall back to
there.

Greetings,

Andres Freund