Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 02:27:30PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 10:32:55PM -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> > >
> > > I have applied this stuff as of 7dd3ee5, in time for beta1, and closed
> > > the open item.  One difference is that I've added one backslash
> > > surrounding the double quote at the beginning *and* the end of the
> > > database name in the patch.  However, the original case was different,
> > > with:
> > > - At the beginning of the database name, one backslash before and
> > > after the double quote.
> > > - At the end of the database name, two backslaces before the double
> > > quote and three after the double quote.

Here, you describe differences between test.sh and your rewrite of test.sh.

> > Why did you discontinue testing the longstanding test database name?
>
> I am not sure what you mean here.

Here, I requested the rationale for the differences you had just described.
You made a choice to stop testing one list of database names and start testing
a different list of database names.  Why?

> Are you saying that the test should
> be changed to prefix each database name by "regression", as it was the
> case in test.sh?  Or do you mean that the backslash/double-quote
> business should only apply to the first database name and not the
> other two, implying that the new generate_db() in 002_pg_upgrade.pl
> had better have a $prefix and a $suffix like it was originally
> written?

No, I wasn't saying any of those.  (Later, I may say one or more of those.)