Re: Time to drop plpython2?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Time to drop plpython2?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-03-08 13:49:15 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > A bit depressing to have a 500 line alternative output file for a one line
> > diff :(.
>
> Yeah.  How badly do we need that particular test case?

A bit hard to tell. The test was introduced in

commit 2bd78eb8d51cc9ee03ba0287b23ff4c266dcd9b9
Author: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>
Date:   2011-04-06 22:36:06 +0300

    Add traceback information to PL/Python errors

    This mimics the traceback information the Python interpreter prints
    with exceptions.

    Jan Urbański

and contains this ominous line:

+/* AttributeError at toplevel used to give segfaults with the traceback
+*/

Greetings,

Andres Freund