Re: Use "WAL segment" instead of "log segment" consistently in user-facing messages

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Use "WAL segment" instead of "log segment" consistently in user-facing messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Mon, 28 Feb 2022 21:03:07 +0530, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote in
> Hi,
>
> It looks like we use "log segment" in various user-facing messages.
> The term "log" can mean server logs as well. The "WAL segment" suits
> well here and it is consistently used across the other user-facing
> messages [1].
>
> Here's a small patch attempting to consistently use the "WAL segment".
>
> Thoughts?

I tend to agree to this.  I also see "log record(s)" (without prefixed
by "write-ahead") in many places especially in the documentation.  I'm
not sure how we should treat "WAL log", though.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center