Re: Commitfest overflow

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Commitfest overflow
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 03, 2021 at 12:13:44PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug  3, 2021 at 04:53:40PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> >> There are 273 patches in the queue for the Sept Commitfest already, so
> >> it seems clear the queue is not being cleared down each CF as it was
> >> before. We've been trying hard, but it's overflowing.

> 1. There wasn't that much getting done during this CF because it's
> summer and many people are on vacation (in the northern hemisphere
> anyway).

> I don't think there's much to be done about the vacation effect;
> we just have to accept that the summer CF is likely to be less
> productive than others.

Early commitfests recognized a rule that patch authors owed one review per
patch registered in the commitfest.  If authors were holding to that, then
both submissions and reviews would slow during vacations, but the neglected
fraction of the commitfest would be about the same.  I think it would help to
track each author's balance (reviews_done - reviews_owed).