Re: Duplicate history file?

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Duplicate history file?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 11:25:51AM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:

> Nevertheless I agree to it, still don't we need a minimum workable
> setup as the first step? Something like below.
>
> ===
> The following is an example of the minimal archive_command.
>
> Example: cp %p /blah/%f
>
> However, it is far from perfect. The following is the discussion about
> what is needed for archive_command to be more reliable.
>
> <the long list of the requirements>
> ====

"far from perfect" is a strong understatement for "appears to work but will
randomly and silently breaks everything without a simple way to detect it".

We should document a minimum workable setup, but cp isn't an example of that,
and I don't think that there will be a simple example unless we provide a
dedicated utility.

It could however be something along those lines:

Example: archive_program %p /path/to/%d

archive_program being a script ensuring that all those requirements are met:
<the long list of the requirements>

Сообщение: Re: pg14b1 stuck in lazy_scan_prune/heap_page_prune of pg_statistic
Сообщение: Re: pg14b1 stuck in lazy_scan_prune/heap_page_prune of pg_statistic