Re: storing an explicit nonce

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: storing an explicit nonce
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-05-27 16:55:29 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> No. You're confusing what I was saying here, in the contents of your
> comments about the limitations of AES-GCM-SIV, with the discussion
> with Bruce about nonce generation.

Ah. I think the focus on LSNs confused me a bit.

FWIW:
Nist guidance on IVs for AES GCM (surprisingly readable):
https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/Legacy/SP/nistspecialpublication800-38d.pdf
AES-GCM-SIV (harder to read):
https://eprint.iacr.org/2017/168.pdf

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?
Сообщение: Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?