Re: storing an explicit nonce

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: storing an explicit nonce
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-May-27, Andres Freund wrote:

> On 2021-05-27 15:48:09 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> > Another case where this sort of thing might happen is a standby doing
> > whatever the master did. I suppose that could be avoided if the
> > standby always has its own encryption keys, but that forces a key
> > rotation when you create a standby, and it doesn't seem like a lot of
> > fun to insist on that. But the information leak seems minor.
>
> Which leaks seem minor? The "hole" issues leak all the prior contents of
> the hole, without needing any complicated analysis of the data, because
> one plain text is known (zeroes).

Maybe that problem could be solved by having PageRepairFragmentation,
compactify_tuples et al always fill the hole with zeroes, in encrypted
databases.

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?
Сообщение: Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?