Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 10:27:08PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I, um, again think that the item should not be primarily about JSONB,
> > but about our (IMO groundbreaking) extensible subscripting work.
>
> +1.  Extensible subscripting is THE feature here, using it for jsonb
> is just an application.

OK, I moved the entry into 'data types', and listed two entries instead
of one:

    <listitem>
    <!--
    Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
    2020-12-09 [c7aba7c14] Support subscripting of arbitrary types, not only arrays
    -->

    <para>
    Allow extensions and built-in data types to implement subscripting (Tom Lane)
    </para>

    <para>
    Previously subscript handling was hard-coded into the server and
    was difficult to add to date types.
    </para>
    </listitem>

    <listitem>