Re: pgsql: autovacuum: handle analyze for partitioned tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pgsql: autovacuum: handle analyze for partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Apr-23, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 12:43:46PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> >
> > I think that should probably have been written down somewhere other than for
> > the manual ANALYZE command, but in any case it seems to be outdated now.
>
> Starting with this

Agreed, we need some more docs here.  I lightly edited yours and ended
up with this -- mostly I think partitioned tables should not be in the
same paragraph as legacy inheritance because the behavior is different
enough (partitioned tables are not analyzed twice).

I'll give a deeper look tomorrow to see if other places also need edits.

Thanks

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile

Вложения