Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 07:50:14AM -0400, Joe Conway wrote:
> On 5/10/21 2:03 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I have committed the first draft of the PG 14 release notes.  You can
> > see the most current  build of them here:
> >
> >     https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-14.html
> >
> > I need clarification on many items, and the document still needs its
> > items properly ordered, and markup added.  I also expect a lot of
> > feedback.
> >
> > I plan to work on completing this document this coming week in
> > preparation for beta next week.
>
> While only a small change, this commit does affect user visible behavior and
> so should probably be noted:
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=b12bd4869b5e

I see your point.  Here is the release entry I added:

    <listitem>
    <!--
    Author: Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>
    2021-03-31 [b12bd4869] Fix has_column_privilege function corner case
    -->

    <para>
    Return false for has_column_privilege() checks on non-existent or dropped columns (Joe Conway)
    </para>

    <para>
    Previously such columns returned an invalid column error.
    </para>
    </listitem>