Re: wal stats questions

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: wal stats questions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-03-25 16:37:10 +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> On the other hand, the counters are incremented in XLogInsertRecord()
> and I think we don't want add instructions there.

I don't really buy this. Setting a boolean to true, in a cacheline
you're already touching, isn't that much compared to all the other stuff
in there. The branch to check if wal stats timing etc is enabled is much
more expensive.  I think we should just set a boolean to true and leave
it at that.

Greetings,

Andres Freund