Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2021-Jan-16, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 02:50:58PM -0300, Álvaro Herrera wrote:
> > On 2021-Jan-16, Hemil Ruparel wrote:
> >
> > > Okay. I will not reply to them. Enough mental cycles wasted
> >
> > One way you could help, is by learning what top-posting is, learning not
> > to do it, and teaching others the same.  Same with not quoting entire
> > messages on reply.
>
> That "quoting entire messages on reply" is something I see far too often
> here.  I have been meaning to mention this problem.  Thousands of people
> are reading postings here, so it pays to take time to trim down what
> others have to view.

Yes.  Gmail, by hiding the quoted part of the message, has taught people
that it's okay to leave the whole thing in place.  For most of the rest
of the world, it's an annoyance.

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W
"After a quick R of TFM, all I can say is HOLY CR** THAT IS COOL! PostgreSQL was

Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?