Re: pgsql: Allow run-time pruning on nested Append/MergeAppend nodes

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Allow run-time pruning on nested Append/MergeAppend nodes
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Hi David,

On Mon, Nov 02, 2020 at 12:49:52AM +0000, David Rowley wrote:
> Allow run-time pruning on nested Append/MergeAppend nodes
>
> Previously we only tagged on the required information to allow the
> executor to perform run-time partition pruning for Append/MergeAppend
> nodes belonging to base relations.  It was thought that nested
> Append/MergeAppend nodes were just about always pulled up into the
> top-level Append/MergeAppend and that making the run-time pruning info for
> any sub Append/MergeAppend nodes was a waste of time.  However, that was
> likely badly thought through.

fairywen is telling that some of the plans produced in these new tests
are not stable:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=fairywren&dt=2020-11-02%2005%3A20%3A53

Thanks,
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix some grammar and typos in comments and docs