Re: [BUG] non archived WAL removed during production crash recovery

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [BUG] non archived WAL removed during production crash recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 06:17:17PM +0200, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> I found an extra useless line of code in v9 patch. Please, find in
> attachment v10. Sorry for this.

Thanks for helping here, your changes make sense.  This looks mostly
fine to me except that part:
+$standby1->poll_query_until('postgres',
+   qq{ SELECT pg_xlog_location_diff('$primary_lsn', pg_last_xlog_replay_location()) = 0 })
+  or die "Timed out while waiting for xlog replay";
Here we should check if $primary_lsn is at least
pg_last_xlog_replay_location().  Checking for an equality may stuck
the test if more WAL gets replayed.  For example you could have a
concurrent autovacuum generating WAL.
--
Michael

Вложения