Re: Loss of replication after simple misconfiguration

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Loss of replication after simple misconfiguration
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 01:14:34PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I have been able to write a TAP test to reproduce this exact scenario,
> though it succeeds for me (it could be a good idea to add some
> coverage for that actually..).  Perhaps I am missing a step though?
> For example, perhaps the original setting was track_commit_timestamp =
> on, then it got disabled once?

I have been looking at more scenarios involving switching back and
forth track_commit_timestamps on/off during a switchover with a
standby failing to replay a XLOG_CHANGE_PARAMETER record during
recovery, still I cannot see a failure in scenarios close to what is
discussed here (the test includes transactions replayed with and
without the switch).  Attached is a more advanced test.  Any thoughts?
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Loss of replication after simple misconfiguration
Сообщение: Re: Loss of replication after simple misconfiguration