Re: [BUG] non archived WAL removed during production crash recovery

От Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Тема Re: [BUG] non archived WAL removed during production crash recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 13:58:30 +0200
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr@dalibo.com> wrote:
[...]
> > May I ask why this new test is added to 011_crash_recovery.pl which is
> > aimed at testing crash and redo, while we have 002_archiving.pl that
> > is dedicated to archiving in a more general manner?
>
> I thought it was a better place because the test happen during crash recovery.
>
> In the meantime, while working on other tests related to $SUBJECT and the
> current consensus, I was wondering if a new file would be a better place
> anyway.

So, 002_archiving.pl deals more with testing recovering on hot standby side
than archiving. Maybe it could be renamed?

While discussing this, I created a new file to add some more tests about WAL
archiving and how recovery deal with them. Please, find the patch in
attachment. I'll be able to move them elsewhere later, depending on the
conclusions of this discussion.

Regards,

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Loss of replication after simple misconfiguration
Сообщение: Re: Loss of replication after simple misconfiguration