Value of Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Value of Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
For plan for full-cluster Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) is here:

    https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Transparent_Data_Encryption#TODO_for_Full-Cluster_Encryption

The values it has, I think, are:

*  encrypts data for anyone with read-access to the file system (but not
   memory)

     *  I think write access would allow access to the encryption keys
        by modifying postgresql.conf or other files

     * This is particularly useful if the storage is remote

*  encrypts non-logical/non-pg_dump-like backups

*  fulfills several security compliance requirements

*  encrypts storage

*  perhaps easier to implement than file system encryption

Is that accurate?