Re: pg9.6: no backup history file (*.backup) created on hot standby

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg9.6: no backup history file (*.backup) created on hot standby
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 09, 2018 at 11:45:50AM +0800, magodo wrote:
> Yet, I am still not so clear how does the bloat of pg_wal happen? Do
> you mean pg_wal will be filled up by many .backup(s)?

If your archive_command is for example a simple cp (which it should not
be by the way), and if you try to archive twice the same file, then the
archive command would continuously fail and prevent existing WAL
segments to be archived.  Segments are continuously created, and pg_wal
grows in size.
--
Michael

Вложения