Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents?

От Nico Williams
Тема Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 10:01:40AM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2018-07-27 11:15:00 -0500, Nico Williams wrote:
> > Even assuming you can't change the PG license, you could still:
> >
> >  - require disclosure in contributions
>
> That really has no upsides, except poison the area.  [...]

Sure it does: a) it allows PG to reject such contributions unless they
come with suitable grants, and b) it gives PG users a legal defense
should they ever be sued for infringement on a patent that was not
disclosed to PG at the time of the contribution.  (b) is a big deal.

Nico

Сообщение: Re: Deprecating, and scheduling removal of, pg_dump's tar format.
Сообщение: Re: Deprecating, and scheduling removal of, pg_dump's tar format.