Re: Non-reserved replication slots and slot advancing

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Non-reserved replication slots and slot advancing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 06, 2018 at 03:37:57PM +0900, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> I'm not so in favor of the word "reserve" in first place since it
> doesn't seem intuitive for me, but "active" is already used for
> the state where the connection with the peer is made. (The word
> "reserve" may be misused since in the source code "reserve" is
> used as "to reserve WAL", but used as "reserve a slot" in
> documentation.)

That's the term used for now three releases, counting v11 in the pack,
so I would not change that now.  The concept of non-initialized slots is
fuzzy as well as it could be attached to some other meta-data.

So, chewing on all that, I would suggest the following error message as
the attached patch and just move on:
+ERROR:  cannot move slot not reserving WAL
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Postgres 11 release notes
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 11 release notes