Re: GSoC 2018: thrift encoding format

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: GSoC 2018: thrift encoding format
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Charles,

> Thanks for your confirm Aleksander!
> Also I am thinking of how to deal with complex
> data structure like map, list, or set. I guess one possible
> solution is to get raw data bytes for these data structure?
> Otherwise it could be hard to wrap into a Datum.

Personally I think raw data bytes are OK if functions for getting all
keys and values from this data are provided. Another possibility is just
converting Thrift to JSONB and vise versa. In this case only two
procedures are required and all the rest is available out-of-the-box.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

Вложения