Re: pl/perl extension fails on Windows

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: pl/perl extension fails on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 12:36:13PM +0000, Christian Ullrich wrote:
> * Noah Misch wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 11:45:35PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Oh, OK.  In that case, we need to get some representatives of these
> >> more modern builds into the buildfarm while we're at it.
> >
> > Yep.  Among machines already in the buildfarm, the one running member
> > woodlouse is the best candidate for this.  Its owner could install
> > http://strawberryperl.com/download/5.26.1.1/strawberry-perl-5.26.1.1-32bit.msi
> > and setup another animal on the same machine that builds 32-bit and enables
> > Perl.  Christian, are you interested in doing this?
>
> Ready to go, waiting for animal assignment. For now, I can confirm that it works, that is, the buildfarm --test run
issuccessful.

Thanks!

> Although I have to admit, I fail to see the need for Windows x86 builds, too. Who in their right mind would want them
today?

I can't see installing a 32-bit Windows postmaster in 2018.  The 32-bit libpq
might be useful.  Download statistics for the binary distributions would be
informative.  On the other hand, removing 32-bit Windows support would
eliminate three veteran buildfarm animals, and maintenance was cheap in the
few years before this thread.  I don't think today is the day to remove
support, but it's coming one of these years.