Re: [HACKERS] Fix checkpoint skip logic on idle systems by trackingLSN progress

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Fix checkpoint skip logic on idle systems by trackingLSN progress
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

A mime-type of invalid/octet-stream? That's an, uh, odd choice.

Working on committing this (tomorrow morning, not tonight).  There's
some relatively minor things I want to change:

- I don't like the name XLogSetFlags() - it's completely unclear what that those flags refer to - it could just as well
bereplay related. XLogSetRecordFlags()?

- Similarly I don't like the name "progress LSN" much. What does "progress" really mean in that". Maybe "consistency
LSN"?
- It's currently required to avoid triggering archive timeouts and checkpoints triggering each other, but I'm nervous
markingall xlog switches as unimportant. I think it'd be better to only mark timeout triggered switches as such.

Otherwise this seems to look good.

Regards,

Andres