Re: installcheck failing on psql_crosstab

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: installcheck failing on psql_crosstab
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Paquier wrote:

> I know that we guarantee that make installcheck may not work on many
> target servers as a lot of tests are very GUC-sensitive, but this
> looks a bit oversensitive to me, especially knowing that it is the
> only diff generated by the whole test suite.
> Don't you think that those tests could be made more portable?

Not sure about that.  I think the only way to change this would be to
remove those particular tests completely, and I don't think that's a
good tradeoff.  If somebody can show a way to avoid the problem without
removing those tests for multiline functionality, I'm all ears.