Negators for operators

От David Fetter
Тема Negators for operators
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Folks,

While constructing a somewhat hairy query with HAVING in it, I noticed
that a lot of operators don't have negators, which would have been
convenient for the class of queries I was constructing.  Further
investigation showed that while 380 of the built-in operators had
negators, 395 do not.

For some fraction I'll investigate if warranted, a negator makes no
sense.  For the rest, I'd like to propose adding negator operators
prefixed with '!', just as we have for the negators of regex-like
things.

What say?

Cheers,
David.