Re: no password on postgres user and pgagent

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: no password on postgres user and pgagent
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Seb 2016-05-10 <87r3daopfm.fsf@otaria.sebmel.org>
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to run pgagent with the postgres user, which doesn't have a
> password.  I thought it'd be as simple as setting up an init script as:

> #! /bin/sh
>
> pgagent user=postgres host=localhost dbname=postgres

The default pg_hba.conf requires md5 passwords for "host=localhost"
connections. If you remove that connection parameter, a passwordless
UNIX socket connection will be used. (In which case pgagent must be
running as the "postgres" OS user.)

Christoph