Re: PosgreSQL backend process crashed with signal 9

От David Gould
Тема Re: PosgreSQL backend process crashed with signal 9
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 6 Apr 2016 21:22:23 +0300
Pavel Suderevsky <psuderevsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> > [ shrug... ]  The OOM killer is widely considered broken.  Its heuristics
> > don't interact terribly well with processes using large amounts of shared
> > memory.
>

> Actually the issue is not the OOM killer invokation but in amount of memory
> that postgresql consumes for a not very heavy operation.

I suggest you open a new bug for this. The original report was for a SEGV,
which should never happen. This report is for excessive memory growth leading
to OOM. Both cause a crash, but they are different issues and tying them
together may delay solving either of them.

-dg

--
David Gould              510 282 0869         daveg@sonic.net