Re: So, can we stop supporting Windows native now?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: So, can we stop supporting Windows native now?
Дата
Re: So, can we stop supporting Windows native now?  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 2:53 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> > It would also be nice to find out why we can't usefully scale shared buffers
> > higher like we can on *nix.
>
> Has anyone ever looked into whether asking for SEC_LARGE_PAGES would
> help with that?

The huge_pages feature is fairly new, and as I recall the intention is
that other operating systems will be supported as we get patches for it.
Feel free to submit something.

If you can actually research the performance problem with large
shared_buffers, that would also be welcome.