Re: BUG #14033: cross-compilation to ARM fails

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #14033: cross-compilation to ARM fails
Дата
Re: BUG #14033: cross-compilation to ARM fails  (Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Daniel Golle wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 10:20:35AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > daniel@makrotopia.org writes:
> > > smmintrin.h is available on x86 targets only. It should be checked by the
> > > configure script and inclusion should be conditional.
> >
> > It is.  You'll need to provide more info about exactly how you tried
> > to configure and build.
>
> I'm cross-compiling for ARMv6 using the OpenWrt SDK. I encountered the
> build breakage when trying to move from PostgreSQL 9.4.4 to 9.5.1,
> the build for 9.4.4 works nicely.

We didn't try to use compiler intrinsics in 9.4 -- this is all new in
9.5, so that doesn't tell us anything.

> See
> https://github.com/openwrt/packages/blob/master/libs/postgresql/Makefile
> for more details on configure and make arguments we use.

First thing I notice there is that your mirror list is outdated.  You
should use just ftp.postgresql.org now.  I think it only works because
ftp-archives.postgresql.org includes one of the hosts used for the CNAME
list.

I suppose cross-building is supposed to work, but I'm not surprised if
it actually doesn't; we don't have any cross-test-compile test in our
buildfarm.

So you first run configure for the host compiler, to build pg_config and
zic, and then run configure again for the target compiler, and there's a
"make distclean" in the middle and you also remove configure's
config.cache.  Hmm ...

I think the easiest to track this down is to provide a complete build
log.  It should not be building src/port/pg_crc32c_sse42.c the second
time around.