Re: Badly designed error reporting code in controldata_utils.c

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Badly designed error reporting code in controldata_utils.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016-03-08 13:45:25 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > FWIW I'm considering implementing elog/ereport properly for the
> > frontend.  We've grown several hacks around that not being present, and
> > I think those by now have a higher aggregate complexity than a proper
> > implementation would have.
>
> That would be handy. And this is are going to need something like
> callbacks to allow frontend applications how to apply elevel. Take for
> example pg_rewind, it has an interface with DEBUG and PROGRESS level
> directly embedded with FATAL controlled by user-defined options.

What does "directly embedded with FATAL" mean?

I don't really want to go further than what our system already is
capable of; once we have that we can look for the next steps.

Сообщение: Re: Badly designed error reporting code in controldata_utils.c
Сообщение: Re: Badly designed error reporting code in controldata_utils.c