Re: WIP: Upper planner pathification

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: WIP: Upper planner pathification
Дата
Re: WIP: Upper planner pathification  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:

> ISTM that we are clearly "going for it"; everybody agrees we should apply
> the patch now.
>
> The longer we hold off on applying it, the longer we wait for dependent
> changes.

Agreed -- we need this in tree as soon as realistically possible.

There is a a bit a problem here, because this patch conflicts heavily
with at least one other patch that's been in the queue for a long time,
which is Kommi/Rowley's patch for parallel aggregation; the more we
delay applying this one, the worse the deadlines for that one.

I assume they are hard at work updating that patch to apply on top of
Tom's patch.  It's not realistic to expect that we would apply any
further planner changes before this one is in.