Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail
Дата
Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 01:36:24PM -0600, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On 2/16/16 10:38 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >I see no one else commented on this.  We have trouble keeping the global
> >system catalogs consistent when databases in the same cluster use
> >different encodings.  I am not sure how we could improve this.
>
> Could we force the global catalogs to always be accessed via UTF8,
> at least for modification? I suspect that would mean changing
> encodings on the fly in the appropriate command functions (such as
> what's listed in src/include/commands/user.h).

I don't remember us favoring UTF8 in this way in the past.

+ Roman grave inscription                             +

Сообщение: Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail
Сообщение: Re: Encoding problems with "COMMENT ON DATABASE .." causing pg_restore (and pg_upgrade) to fail