Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016-01-02 15:40:03 +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> If FD_CLOSE is indeed edge and not level triggered - which imo would be
> supremely insane - we'd be in trouble. It'd explain why some failures
> are noticed and others not.

I wonder if the FD_CLOSE and FD_WRITE being edge-triggered is the actual
root cause for:/* * Just a workaround of unknown locking problem with writing in UDP socket * under high load: Client's
pgsqlbackend sleeps infinitely in * WaitForMultipleObjectsEx, pgstat process sleeps in pgwin32_select(). * So, we will
waitwith small timeout(0.1 sec) and if socket is still * blocked, try WSASend (see comments in pgwin32_select) and wait
again.*/if ((what & FD_WRITE) && isUDP)

in pgwin32_waitforsinglesocket().

Andres