Re: BUG #13520: postgres not connecting with opnerp7.0

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #13520: postgres not connecting with opnerp7.0
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Kevin Grittner wrote:
> "manoj.itara@gmail.com" <manoj.itara@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I facing a issue while connecting postgres.Can you solve it.
> >
> > Error:
> > psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
> >     Is the server running locally and accepting
> >     connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
>
> This is not a bug; for future questions on usage, please send an
> email to pgsql-general@postgresql.org, to post to the appropriate
> list.
>
> The hint says it all -- either the server is not running (and you
> need to start it before you can connect), or it is running using a
> different port number or subdirectory (and you should specify that
> in your connection options).

Given the socket path in the HINT, I would suggest that the client
library has been installed via Debian packages, and the server probably
hasn't --- most likely, the socket is in the default path of /tmp.  So
if you try something like "host=/tmp" then it might be able to connect.