BUG #12729: pgAdminIII - wrong window position in multi-monitor setup

От jose.aladro@unillect.com
Тема BUG #12729: pgAdminIII - wrong window position in multi-monitor setup
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      12729
Logged by:          Jose Aladro
Email address:      jose.aladro@unillect.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.5
Operating system:   Windws 8 64-bit

Hi, I'm going to briefly describe the issue I'm having with pgAdmin and
window placement.

This is related to pgAdmin's window position save/restoring.

Background: Multimonitor setup, 2 1920x1080 monitors, side by side (desktop
of 3840x1080 pixels), the left one being the primary monitor.

Issue: Window position is not restored properly after closing and reopening
pgAdmin window (also happens after closing and reopening any of it child
windows, i.e. the "Execute arbitrary SQL queries" window).

Steps to reproduce (variant 1):
1) Open pgAdmin
2) Move the window entirely to the secondary monitor
3) Close pgAdmin
4) Reopen pgAdmin

Steps to reproduce (variant 2):
1) Open pgAdmin
2) Open a database
3) Open the "Query" dialog (i.e. with the SQL toolbar button)
2) Move the Query window entirely to the secondary monitor
3) Close the Query window
4) Reopen the Query window

Expected behaviour:
Since my monitor setup didn't change (didn't plug/unplug monitors, didn't
change resolutions), the window should open where it was when closed.

Actual behaviour:
The window opens centered in the whoe desktop, half on each monitor.

Additional notes:
If the window in question is completely within the primary monitor, closing
and reopening the application (or the window) restores its position
properly.

Tanks.
Jose