BUG #9373: UUID, UUID-OSSP extension, and ODBC issues

От consolity@outlook.com
Тема BUG #9373: UUID, UUID-OSSP extension, and ODBC issues
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      9373
Logged by:          Jeremy Thornton
Email address:      consolity@outlook.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.3
Operating system:   Windows 8.1 Pro

In using pgsqlODBC 09.03.0200 or any version prior that we have tested we
seem to be having a performance decrease to only 625 inserts per second when
using UUID as the primary key and using the UUID-OSSP to generate the
default value of uuid_generate_v1() whereas if we generate the UUID client
side for the primary key and send it with the values in the insert
transaction we can increase it to 1500 inserts per second bypassing the
UUID-OSSP extension. This is consistent and repeatable. The only change
being made is Postgres generating the UUID using the extension or us passing
the value in the insert statement. If Postgres generates it internally while
inserting using PgAdmin then it can generate at near 2000 inserts per second
so uuid-ossp shouldn't be the problem since it can keep up, but when used
over default settings in ODBC it is 2/3 slower. The data being tested is the
same in all cases. I am using a default System DSN on Windows 8.1 Pro (no
special settings). Is this a bug or a settings adjustment that needs to be
made?