Re: Any advantage of using SSL with a certificate of authority?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Any advantage of using SSL with a certificate of authority?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 02:24:01PM -0400, Jesus Rafael Sanchez Medrano wrote:
> Looking to implement SSL. Every tutorial/sample I have found uses self signed
> certificates. Would there be any advantage of using a certificate from a CA
> such as digicertor rapidssl?

Well, by using a CA you are giving the CA rights to the key, while you
fully control a self signed key.  Since you probably don't expect
unknown individuals to be connecting to your database, and self signed
key is recommended.

  + Everyone has their own god. +