Re: Excessive space allocations in Postgresql 9.1.6 system files causing the file system to run out of space.

От
Тема Re: Excessive space allocations in Postgresql 9.1.6 system files causing the file system to run out of space.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pt;">Hi Kevin,=0A =0ADo you know the name t=
hat was given to the cleanup script?=0A =0Athank=
s=0A =0A<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px so=
lid; PADDING-LEFT: 8px; FONT-FAMILY: verdana; COLOR: black; MARGIN-LEFT: 8p=
x; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" id=3DreplyBlockquote webmail=3D"1">=0A<DIV id=3DwmQuote=
Wrapper>-------- Original Message --------Subject: Re: [BUGS] Excessive=
 space allocations in Postgresql 9.1.6system files causing the file sys=
tem to run out of space.From: Kevin Grittner <<a href=3D"mailto:kgri=
ttn@ymail.com">kgrittn@ymail.com>Date: Fri, March 01, 2013 9:00 =
amTo: "fburgess@radiantblue=
.com" <fburgess@radiantb=
lue.com>, AndresFreund <<a href=3D"mailto:andres@2ndquadrant.=
com">andres@2ndquadrant.com>Cc: "<a href=3D"mailto:pgsql-bugs@po=
stgresql.org">pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org" <<a href=3D"mailto:pgsql-bu=
gs@postgresql.org">pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org>"<a href=3D"mai=
lto:fburgess@radiantblue.com">fburgess@radiantblue.com" <<a href=3D"=
mailto:fburgess@radiantblue.com">fburgess@radiantblue.com> wrote:<BR=
>> We did use pg_upgrade with the hard link option. We are not sure<=
BR>> if we ran the cleanup script.> Can we run this script no=
w, even though its month's after we did> the upgrade?> Ev=
erything in the .../19177 directories represent data files> migrated=
 over form postgres 8.4.3.  All new files get placed into> the =
.../PG_9.1_201105231/16411 directories.> The vast majority of th=
e "orphan" files are from the> /opt/PostgreSQL/9.1/data/user_data/19=
177  directory.I don't have any reason to expect that you *can=
't* run the scriptat this point; but being a cautious person, I would d=
o this at apoint where I was confident I could recover from a backup, a=
nd Iwould read through the scripts carefully before applying them.<=
BR>What you want to be really careful that you *don't* do is to modifyo=
r truncate any of the hard-linked files, as they are quite likelyto sti=
ll be just another name for the same file that is in use forproduction =
under the newer version.  You want to simply remove theolder direc=
tory entry pointing to the file.<a href=3D"http://www.linfo.org/har=
d_link.html">http://www.linfo.org/hard_link.html-- Kevin Gr=
ittnerEnterpriseDB: http://www.=
enterprisedb.comThe Enterprise PostgreSQL Company-- <BR=