Re: BUG #6712: PostgreSQL 9.2 beta2: alter table drop constraint does not work on inherited master table

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: BUG #6712: PostgreSQL 9.2 beta2: alter table drop constraint does not work on inherited master table
Дата
Re: BUG #6712: PostgreSQL 9.2 beta2: alter table drop constraint does not work on inherited master table  (Amit kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com>)
Re: Re: BUG #6712: PostgreSQL 9.2 beta2: alter table drop constraint does not work on inherited master table  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 04:49:46PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> Code Changes
> ----------------
> I will make changes in following functions to ensure that connoinherit
> should be appropriately set(pass the value as true).
> a. index_constraint_create()
> b. ATAddForeignKeyConstraint()
> c. CreateTrigger().
>
> Other places I have checked seems to be fine.

Looks right.

> Test
> --------
> I will create testcases similar to mentioned in bug report for
> a. unique key case, same as in bug-report

Good.

> b. foreign key case
> c. exclusion constraint case

Test coverage for those is optional.

> > Care to prepare a patch with a test case addition?
>  Let me know if above is sufficient or shall I include anything more in
> patch.

I can't think of anything else.

As a side question for the list, should we fix this differently in 9.2 to
avoid forcing an initdb for the next beta?  Perhaps have
ATExecDropConstraint() only respect connoinherit for CONSTRAINT_CHECK?