Re: pg_dump -s dumps data?!

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: pg_dump -s dumps data?!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 10:02:14PM +0100, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> The case for a table that is partly user data and partly extension data
> is very thin, I think that if I had this need I would use inheritance
> and a CHECK(user_data is true/false) constraint to filter the data.

definitely agree. i.e. i don't really see a case when we'd have data
from both extension, and normal usage, in the same table.
and the overhead of tracking source of data seems to be excessive.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/