Re: IDLE in transaction introspection

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: IDLE in transaction introspection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Scott Mead wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>wrote:
>
> > Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > >
> > > +1

> > > Rename it please. "current_query" will just be wrong. I'd be inclined
> > > just to call it "query" or "query_string" and leave it to the docs to
> > > define the exact semantics.
> >
> > +1 for renaming, +1 for a state column.
> > I think it is overkill to keep a query history beyond that -- if you
> > want that,
> > you can resort to the log files.
> >

> ISTM that we're all for:
>
>    creating a new column: state
>    renaming current_query => query
>
>    State will display <RUNNING>, <IDLE>, <IDLE> in transaction, etc...
>    query will display the last query that was executed.
>
> I've written this up in the attached patch, looking for feedback. (NB:
> Originally I was using 9.1.1 release, I just did a git clone today to
> generate this).

It might be cleaner to use booleans:
active:         t/fin transaction: t/f

or maybe instead of 'active':
idle:        t/fin transaction: t/f

That avoids the magic string values for the state column.  Those are
much easier to query against too:
WHERE NOT idle;

http://enterprisedb.com

От: Scott Mead
Сообщение: Re: IDLE in transaction introspection
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump 9.1.1 hanging (collectSecLabels gets 0 labels)