BUG #6141: PG Admin's SQL editor can't handle large files

От michael
Тема BUG #6141: PG Admin's SQL editor can't handle large files
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6141
Logged by:          michael
Email address:      mpapet@yahoo.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0
Operating system:   Windows
Details:

Hi,

I have a script writing an insert query to file.  The file ends up being
about 82MB.

Step 1: launch the sql editor from pgAdmin
Step 2:   File>open>myfile.sql

Shortly thereafter, an error message pops up,
"$path/$to/$my/$file/myfile.sql could not be opened because it contains
characters that could not be interpreted."

This always occurs on pgAdmin version 1.12.3(Apr 14 2011, rev:REL-1_12_3)

The workaround is to copy and paste the whole 80MB.  It works, (the insert
query is correct in every way) but the editor is real, real slow.

I can open smaller size (20MB) insert queries just fine.

It might be an unusual request to open/edit 80MB files. If there's some
interest in tackling it, I can even upload sample data somewhere.

Let me know if you need anything else.